Four journalists covering the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh were injured in the shelling. Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls on the Azerbaijani authorities to shed light on the origin of these shootings and to do everything possible to secure the evacuation of the wounded.
On the fifth day of the violent clashes that broke out between Armenia and Azerbaijan in Nagorno Karabakh, a group of reporters was bombed in the town of Martuni. Four of them were affected. A journalist from the daily Le Monde and a French photographer who accompanied him had to be hospitalized for emergency care. A cameraman of Armenia TV , Aram Grigoryan , and a reporter of the Armenian news agency 24news.am Sevak Vardumyan were also injured.
Several other journalists, including a special correspondent for the independent Russian channel Dojd and an AFP team, narrowly escaped the shots. All journalists and their cars were clearly identified and carried the press badge. They accompanied the local authorities to interview the population and observe the damage caused by previous bombardments.
“This bombardment is unjustifiable: civilians, and in the first place journalists, are not military targets ,” recalls Jeanne Cavelier, head of RSF’s Eastern Europe and Central Asia office. We call on the Azerbaijani authorities to initiate an investigation to determine the origin of the shootings and to do everything possible to allow the safe evacuation of the injured journalists. ”
French President Emmanuel Macron announced the dispatch of a medical plane to repatriate the French wounded.
Populated mostly by Armenians, Nagorno Karabakh seceded from Azerbaijan, leading to a war in the early 1990s. Azerbaijan occupies 168th place out of 180 in the World Press Freedom Index established by RSF, l ‘Armenia in 61st place.
Copyright ©2016, Reporters Without Borders. Used with the permission of Reporters Without Borders(RSF), CS 90247 75083 Paris Cedex 02 https://rsf.org
- UN Security Council: Gaza Hostalities
- VTC Open Debate on the Situation in the Middle East at the UN Security Council
- The Main Airport in Bangkok is Being Used as Vaccination Center
- Cancun A Tourists Paradise
- South African Dogs are Being Trained to Detect COVID-19 at Airports
- Violence Erupts in Israel,Gaza and the West Bank, Resulting in Further Deaths
- As the Afghan Cease-Fire Holds, Residents of Balkh Return to Collect Their Belongings
- Penpa Tsering Officially Named Tibet’s Next Exile Leader
- After the Floyd case, will there be more justice?
- COVID-19:Reopening France
- Beijing Ramps up Fake Social Media Operation Peddling Pro-China Propaganda Overseas
- Famine Fear in Madagascar
- Terrorism, Cryptocurrency and Social Media
- New Sports in Tokyo Olympic
- Jailed Uyghur Businessman Dies Under Mysterious Conditions in Xinjiang Prison Hospital
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News
We as Professional Journslists with experience over 15 to 20 years offers Copy Editing Services for small or mid sized publication/digital publication around the World with effordable prices.We have a capable team to support you.For details contact us Shanthanu Bhattachaarya
Consulting Editor crimeandmoreworld.com Email:editor
@crimeandmoreworld.com or Whatsapp +919073399779 or Telegram +919875416249