Zamboanga: “We try not only to protect ourselves and to counter the spread of the virus, but also to make our experience and our service meaningful for the common good. This is the effort that the movement for Islamic-inChristian Silsilah dialogue, in the Southern Philippines makes”: with these words Fr. Sebastiano D’Ambra, PIME missionary in Zamboanga (on the Philippine island of Mindanao) presents the purposes of the new initiative to Agenzia Fides: the in-depth program called “Living Faith” which explores the “99 names of Allah” and the evangelical Beatitudes. The program is broadcast online and on various social network channels and will last, with one episode per week, for twenty weeks.
Father Sebastiano D’Ambra, PIME, founder of “Silsilah”, executive secretary of the Episcopal Commission for interreligious dialogue, explains that “this is a new challenge for us in Silsilah, but also for those who participate in the program. Different leaders, ustadz and Muslim imams will help the audience, which is international. Many students from the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia have applied for the course. Among the speakers there are also Silsilah, scholars, religious personalities, while all the participants can submit comments and ask for further information”.
“A very positive fact – notes the missionary – is that even the Muslim faithful have been called to deepen their faith more and to live their faith day by day, in the conviction of belonging to the same human fraternity”. “Christians too – he continues – are asked to have a different attitude in their relations with Muslims, despite the alarming news coming from neighboring Muslim areas. In Jolo, 2 bombs recently killed and injured many innocent people. We are still faced with the reality of groups that claim to be Muslim, but fall into the category of violent extremism”.
Another initiative of the “Silsilah” Movement in the same direction is to collect and disseminate “Stories of change”: those of people who, passing joyful and painful life events, have changed their relationships with transferors of faiths other than their own and today they walk in the spirit of dialogue and solidarity.
- Conjoined Twins Separated Successfully in South Africa
- After Kyrgyz-Tajik Clashes, Residents Of Border Area Say Tensions Remain High
- Relatives Mourn Kabul School Attack Victims, Call for End to Violence
- No Religion in Tibetan Schools, China Tells Parents
- In connection with UNITAD, the Security Council Holds a Briefing
- South Africa:The New Zulu King’s Claim is Disputed
- Russia’s COVID Homeless
- Nepal COVAX COVID-19
- In Afghanistan, Targeted Killings Are Seen as Reminder of Threat to Journalists
- Family of Detained Chinese Rights Lawyer Turned Away After Making Torture Complaint
- Permanent Representative of Lithuania Pays a Farewell Call
- Freedom of Press:Female Journalists in Pakistan
- Uyghur Advocate Calls For US to Cut Ties to Forced Labor, Protect Refugees at Congressional Hearing
- The General Assembly Holds Informal Discussion With the Candidate for President of the 76th General Assembly Session
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News
We as Professional Journslists with experience over 15 to 20 years offers Copy Editing Services for small or mid sized publication/digital publication around the World with effordable prices.We have a capable team to support you.For details contact us Shanthanu Bhattachaarya
Consulting Editor crimeandmoreworld.com Email:editor
@crimeandmoreworld.com or Whatsapp +919073399779 or Telegram +919875416249