On February 23, COVAX shipped 600 000 doses of the AstraZeneca / Oxford COVID-19 vaccine from the Serum Institute of India (SII) in Pune, India to Accra, Ghana, arriving on the morning of February 24. The arrival in Accra was the first batch shipped and delivered in the region by the COVAX Facility. Vaccination started on March 2, which has brought hope, joy and relief to many people in the country.
More than 80 700 Ghanaians have been infected with COVID-19, resulting in more than 580 deaths in the country. With the start of COVID-19 vaccinations in Ghana, the path to recovery has begun. Health workers, people over the age of 60 and people with underlying health conditions are due to be prioritized for vaccination.
WHO is advocating for global vaccine equity, with a goal that vaccination
of health workers and older people is underway in all countries within the first 100 days of 2021. As members of this priority group and first recipients, health workers of Accra foresee a brighter future-WHO
COVAX, the vaccines pillar of the Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator, is co-led by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and WHO working in partnership with developed and developing country vaccine manufacturers, UNICEF, the World Bank, and others. It is the only global initiative that is working with governments and manufacturers to ensure COVID-19 vaccines are available worldwide to both higher-income and lower-income countries.
UN General Assembly Debates the Necessity of Ending the United States’ Economic, Commercial, and Financial Embargo Against Cuba
- For Africa, a Streaming Battle
- Documentary The Lakota Daughters
- COVID Restrictions for Moscow Restaurants, Bars, and Cafes: A Surprising Order
- UN General Assembly Debates the Necessity of Ending the United States’ Economic, Commercial, and Financial Embargo Against Cuba
- In the Midst of New Violence in Tigray, Ethiopia’s Long-Awaited Election Comes to a Close
- In Rural Areas of India, Technological Barrier Has Hampered the COVID Vaccination Drive
- In Greece, Pushbacks and Violence Against Refugees and Migrants Are Defacto Border Policy: Amnesty International
- Gokarna a Popular Tourist Destination in India
- Armenia Highly Polarized Nation Despite Pashinyan’s Snap Election Victory
- Thousands of Kandahar’s Displaced Families are in Terrible Straits
- Nations, Lawmakers Urge UN Investigation Into Abuses in China’s Xinjiang
- Situation in Afghanistan Worries UN
- Breonna Taylor’s Memory is Remembered With an Augmented Reality Event
- Vaccination of Senior Citizens Gaining Momentum in KwaZulu-Natal
- The World Bank Believes Zimbabwe’s Economy is on the Rise
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News