By Joel Balsinha,Lisbon
For the International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust, which is being celebrated today, the Secretary-General of the United Nations – UN António Guterres recalls injustices and anti-Semitism and the growing xenophobia. On this very day, a week before those words, the first Holocaust Museum on the Iberian Peninsula was opened in the city of Porto.
“Today, white and neo-Nazi supremacists are resurging, organizing and recruiting across borders, intensifying their efforts to deny, distort and rewrite history, including the Holocaust.
The COVID-19 pandemic gave them new opportunities to reach minorities, based on religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, disability and immigration status. We must make urgent joint efforts to stop them, “said António Guterres of the UN in a video message with the intention of signaling the date.
This official also hopes that this year will be “healing. Healing from the pandemic and healing our destroyed societies in which hatred easily took root. As we remember those who died in the Holocaust and honor the survivors, our best tribute is the creation of a world of equality, justice and dignity for all”.
crimeandmoreworld.com also learned that in Portugal, at the country of origin of the Secretary-General, has emerged a new location dedicated to this theme. The Holocaust Museum was made known on the 20th of January in the city of Porto. The ceremony, which had a religious content, was attended by rabbis, Bishop D. Manuel Linda and the president of the Muslim community. About this space we can mention that it is aimed at teaching about the Holocaust and Jewish life before. We can find in the place the history of the role of the Portuense Jewish community in the rescue of thousands of Jewish refugees.
During this month, three international initiatives took place, organized by The IHRA – International Alliance for the Holocaust Memory, together with the Euroepia Commission, the United Nations and UNESCO, which we refer to here as the publication “Recognizing and combating Holocaust distortion: Recommendations for decision makers and policies “, a campaign called “Protect the facts” and a discussion of the challenges arising from this distortion.
- Patan a UNESCO World Heritage Site in India
- US Capital Celebrates Juneteenth, the Nation’s Newest Federal Holiday
- Election in Euthopia
- Providing a Healthier Environment by Planting Trees
- “A Day in the Life of Refugees”
- Technology to Recognize Faces
- Women Protest Movements in Nigeria
- At Euro 2020, the Bottle-Removal Trend is Front and Centre
- Tibetan Scholar Arrested for His Writings Has Been Held Without Trial for Three Years
- Re-appointment of United Nations Secretary-General Guterres
- News Digest
- Kidnap Victims in Nigeria Oppose the Government’s Efforts to Prohibit Ransom Payments
- Varkala Beach:An Ultimate Tourist Destination in India
- Story of Two Afghan Deportees
- Uyghur Businessman Sentenced to 17 Years in Prison For Ties to Turkey
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News
We as Professional Journslists with experience over 15 to 20 years offers Copy Editing Services for small or mid sized publication/digital publication around the World with effordable prices.We have a capable team to support you.For details contact us Shanthanu Bhattachaarya
Consulting Editor crimeandmoreworld.com Email:editor
@crimeandmoreworld.com or Whatsapp +916289017966 or Telegram User Name: @crimeandmore