Washinton: Faced with the news that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE) announced last Tuesday, July 7, the State Department will most probably not grant visas to foreign students enrolled in institutes or programs that are entirely online.
The American Council on Education, which represents university Deans, said the guidelines are “terrible” and will complicate the way universities and colleges try to reopen safely. Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) announced a court case on Wednesday July 8 to cancel President Donald Trump’s government decision to revoke visas for foreign students taking online courses because of the coronavirus.
The US government’s decision to withdraw visas “came without warning and its cruelty is second only to its irresponsibility”, said Harvard’s Dean.The problem is very complex. Higher education institutions in the United States were expecting a drop in international enrollments this fall. Now all international students, who typically pay higher tuition fees, a funding source that many universities have relied on, could lose all the students. Nearly 1.1 million international students attended universities in the United States last year.
Another reaction comes from the Jesuits. Marquette University shared its support for international students on Thursday 9, in an email to the students, where it wrote: “Marquette is committed to doing everything possible to support the continuity of the academic experience of our international students on campus. As a Catholic, the Marquette Jesuit institution wants to be an inclusive learning community, proud to educate and employ people with different backgrounds, perspectives and national origins”.
- Julian Assange Threatened by Covid-19 Epidemic in Orison, RSF Calls for His Immediate Release
- Zimbabwe Mining Violence
- Chinese Rights Activist Who Opposed Hong Kong Security Law ‘Tortured’
- In Los Angeles, Shipping Containers Serve as Homes for Homeless
- Nigerian Activists Call for Better Tracking of Sex Offenders
- Make Music, Not War: Serbian Sculptor Turns Weapons Into Instruments
- Cambodian Court Drops ‘Incitement’ Charges Against Two Cambodia Daily Reporters
- Botswana’s Farmers Use Sensory Toolkit to Drive Away Elephants
- Female Foeticide Prevention in India
- Nigerian Men’s Involvement Key to Stopping Gender-Based-Violence
- COVID Effect: LGBTQ Abuse in Kenya
- Hong Kong Police Arrest Radio Host, Charge Delivery Driver For ‘Secession’
- Ukrainian Doctors Say Situation Critical After COVID-19 Spike
- Airlift Emergency Aid to Liberia
- The Nine Journalists of a Catholic Radio who Took Refuge in the Forest in Northern Mozambique Are Safe and Sound
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News
Crime and More WorldFollow
It’s Our Job to Tell Stories Relating to Crime Against Humanity and Human Interest Stories Across the World Without Any Ideological Preference-No Left or Right
We as Professional Journslists with experience over 15 to 20 years offers Copy Editing Services for small or mid sized publication/digital publication around the World with effordable prices.We have a capable team to support you.For details contact us Shanthanu Bhattachaarya
Consulting Editor crimeandmoreworld.com Email:editor
@crimeandmoreworld.com or Whatsapp +919073399779 or Telegram +919875416249