Records of people going hungry in Camarate, in the municipality of Loures, north of Lisbon, led the ONG Aid in Action and the Camarate Schools Group to respond to requests for help and support, which was made public through their partners, and will allow the delivery of food aid cards to around sixty families in Portugal. The response to this situation starts on the 23rd and 24th of this month and its presence in the field extends for two months.”There are moments of tension and anguish in Camarate, where the vulnerable population and at risk of poverty began to relive the hard months they faced in 2020.
New cases of families in situations of hunger were detected by the partners of Aid in Action no Agrupamento Camarate Schools, mostly households that until then had not resorted to any support from the State or social institutions. These requests for help have recently escalated “when a large group of guardians, when submitting documents to the attribution of social support, he verified that he was not entitled to any type of financial support due to loss of remuneration because the respective employers had not made the appropriate discounts ”, said in a note Mário Rui, director of ONG programs that he is closely monitoring the situation and responsible for the second emergency response that is in motion to be able to help sixty households you need m urgent support for food.
According to the document “the number of families that cannot guarantee their daily food grows”, however the “second emergency response of the ONG in Camarate starts in the next days 23 and 24 and has an estimated duration of two months, but with the eventual worsening of the situation, the number of households to support may grow over this period. For now, these 60 families, a total of 216 people, including 115 children, will be able to use the food support card , whose average value will be around € 56 monthly, so that they can acquire the goods they need most themselves. In acting in this way, Aid in Action wants to guarantee the autonomy of the beneficiaries in the choices made and, above all, preserve their dignity. In situations of greater social fragility the emotional part is also very important, the ONG also provides psychosocial support to the people it supports”.This measure, which came into action, aims to reduce the consequences of the reality experienced in Portugal and in the world due to the limitations and implications arising from this pandemic of the Covid-19 virus that have affected the lives of the entire population. It is not the first time that it is done. “Last year, as a result of the first confinement, Aid in Action and partners in the field had to review priorities and activate a similar emergency response.
For three months, between May and July, the ONG was able to help 71 families, composed by 264 people, including 147 children, guaranteeing their daily food through the allocation of food purchase cards. The beginning of 2021 reveals an even more complex situation “, as Mário Rui described.Crimeandmoreworld was aware that requests continue to reach this ONG and the Camarate School Group, as confirmed by this official, that “60 families are already indicated as priorities for the award of these cards” at a time that the arrival helps these people.
UN General Assembly Debates the Necessity of Ending the United States’ Economic, Commercial, and Financial Embargo Against Cuba
- For Africa, a Streaming Battle
- Documentary The Lakota Daughters
- COVID Restrictions for Moscow Restaurants, Bars, and Cafes: A Surprising Order
- UN General Assembly Debates the Necessity of Ending the United States’ Economic, Commercial, and Financial Embargo Against Cuba
- In the Midst of New Violence in Tigray, Ethiopia’s Long-Awaited Election Comes to a Close
- In Rural Areas of India, Technological Barrier Has Hampered the COVID Vaccination Drive
- In Greece, Pushbacks and Violence Against Refugees and Migrants Are Defacto Border Policy: Amnesty International
- Gokarna a Popular Tourist Destination in India
- Armenia Highly Polarized Nation Despite Pashinyan’s Snap Election Victory
- Thousands of Kandahar’s Displaced Families are in Terrible Straits
- Nations, Lawmakers Urge UN Investigation Into Abuses in China’s Xinjiang
- Situation in Afghanistan Worries UN
- Breonna Taylor’s Memory is Remembered With an Augmented Reality Event
- Vaccination of Senior Citizens Gaining Momentum in KwaZulu-Natal
- The World Bank Believes Zimbabwe’s Economy is on the Rise
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News
We as Professional Journslists with experience over 15 to 20 years offers Copy Editing Services for small or mid sized publication/digital publication around the World with effordable prices.We have a capable team to support you.For details contact us Shanthanu Bhattachaarya
Consulting Editor crimeandmoreworld.com Email:editor
@crimeandmoreworld.com or Whatsapp +916289017966 or Telegram User Name: @crimeandmore