By Joel Balsinha,Lisbon
A man was arrested following acts of domestic violence and illegal possession of a weapon on 23 February in the municipality of Belmonte, in the district of Castelo Branco. The acts performed by the suspect will now be brought before the court.”As part of an investigation into domestic violence, the military in the Guard found that the suspect repeatedly exercised physical and psychological violence over the victim, his 43-year-old ex-partner, through physical assaults, threats with a firearm and verbal offenses, causing you fear and insecurity.In the course of police investigations, the military carried out two search warrants, one for home and one for vehicle, culminating in the seizure of: Two shotguns without valid registration or documentation; A compressed air gun; Diverse ammunition of different calibers “, made public the National Republican Guard (GNR) of Castelo Branco, which forwarded all the facts related to the forty-eight year old defendant to the Covilhã Judicial Court.
Data released at the end of last year in the annual report and monitoring on crimes of domestic violence, prepared by the General Secretariat of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (SGMAI) revealed that in 10 years, in the period from 2009 to 2019, there were 1018 suspects arrested both by the National Republican Guard and the Public Security Police.
The last year was identified as the year in which there is an annual increase, compared to the time under analysis, registering, according to the document, “in 2019 the most significant annual increase of this entire period (+ 11.5%)”. In a year in which the Security Forces (FS) had “29473 reports of domestic violence (HV), 13503 by GNR (46%) and 15970 (54%) by PSP, which corresponded to a significant increase compared to 2018 (+11 , 5%, that is, more 3041 participations) “. Particularly we can tell you about the districts of “Faro (3.65), Setúbal (3.32), Castelo Branco (3.29), Lisbon (2.96), Portalegre (2.94) and Aveiro (2 , 92)” rates higher than the national rate (2.87) were detected. The highlight goes to the district of Beja (2.19) which achieved the lowest numbers.
- China’s Panchen Lama Ignored by Tibetans Told to Show Devotion
- Amid COVID-19 Pandemic, a Great Resignation
- Religious Minorities in Pakistan Face a Life-or-Death Situation When it Comes to Blasphemy
- Nordstrom Launches Hijabs by a Somali-American Designer
- World Eskimo Indian Olympics Opens
- UN General Assembly Debates Poverty Eradication and Major Summit Outcomes
- World’s First 3D-Printed School Opens its Doors in Malawi
- Animated film inspired by Olympic Values Set for Worldwide Release
- Burkina Faso’s First Olympic Medal Might be Won by the Record Holder
- Couple Apply For Asylum in The Netherlands After Dramatic Rescue From Chinese Agents
- The United Nations General Assembly Meets to Commemorate the International Decade for People of African Descent
- An Azerbaijani Journalist Talks Her Phone Being Hacked by Spyware
- Young African Migrants in Spain Face Hardship
- Spyware Spying Journalists
- Hong Kong Marks Second Anniversary of Bloody Yuen Long Attacks
Subscribe Our You Tube Channel
Fighting Fake News
We as Professional Journslists with experience over 15 to 20 years offers Copy Editing Services for small or mid sized publication/digital publication around the World with effordable prices.We have a capable team to support you.For details contact us Shanthanu Bhattachaarya
Consulting Editor crimeandmoreworld.com Email:editor
@crimeandmoreworld.com or Whatsapp +916289017966 or Telegram User Name: @crimeandmore