Varkala is a seaside town in Kerala’s southern region, famous for its 15-meter-high ‘Northern Cliff,’ which overlooks the Arabian Sea. Capital city of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram is 40 kilometres to the north,Varkala is also known for the 2,000-year-old Janardana Swami Temple, a major Vaishnavaite sanctuary in India known as Dakshin Kashi(South Kashi).
Varkala was named after Sage Narada’s valkalam, a robe he tossed to designate the area where a group of followers had to pay penance for their sins, according to legend.
Varkala beach provides a variety of beach activities, including sightseeing, sunbathing, wind surfing, parasailing, and simply soaking up the beauty of this tranquil seaside resort.
The Janardhana Swami Temple, which is devoted to Lord Vishnu, is a well-known temple in the area. It is a 2000-year-old temple with vibrant festivities. It’s one of the most important places for paying honour to the dead.
Sivagiri Mutt is a Hindu temple in Sivagiri, Tamil Nadu.This place is dedicated to Sree Narayana Guru, who fought injustice .It is located 2.5 kilometres from Varkala.
The East India Company constructed Anjengo Fort in the late seventeenth century. The Queen of Attingal presented it to the company.According to folklore, the British had difficulty pronouncing Anchuthengu, the town where the fort was built, and instead called it Anjengo.
In Varkala, Kerala, Kappil Lake is one of the most popular tourist attractions. It’s surrounded by coconut groves- only six kilometres from Varkala town.Tourists can hire boats to explore the blue waterway.
Where Kappil Lake joins the Arabian Sea is Kappil Beach. A metaled road separates the lake from the other side is a beautiful beach where parasailing and paragliding are popular activities.
For more information: visit https://www.keralatourism.org/destination/varkala-beach/328
- As Fighting in Kunar Intensifies, Tens of Thousands of People Flee Their Homes
- Police in China’s XUAR Question Uyghurs For Attending Eid Prayers Without Permission
- UN General Assembly Debates the Fifth UN Conference on Least Developed Countries
- Aggression is Denounced by Salvadoran Journalists
- The Inside Story: The United States’ Military Withdrawal from Afghanistan
- COVID Effect:Aid to Burkina Faso is Being Cut
- Israel’s NSO is Being Criticised for Spyware that Targets Journalists and Dissidents
- Many Hurdles on the Way to Accountability for Rohingya and Uyghur Atrocities, Experts Tell US Hearing
- Press Briefing by the President of the UN Security Council
- Israel Archaeological Recent Findings
- Basketball in Nigeria at the Olympics
- Cryptocurrency Farmers in Kenya
- Illegal Migrants from Belarus are Increasing in Lithuania
- Blinken Meets Tibet Exile Government Representative in India
- UN Security Council Convenes to Discuss Middle East Situation, Including Palestinian Issue